Repeat prescriptions can be requested:
- by completing a ‘Sligo Clinic Repeat Prescription Request Form’ which can be posted or delivered in person to the surgery
(Forms are available in the surgery)
For your safety, the practice does not accept verbal requests for your repeat prescription over the telephone.
48 HOURS working day notice is required to safely prepare and review your prescription
- Please order your prescription well in advance of your medication running out to ensure treatment is continuous.
- If you require additional medication to your normal repeat prescription or if you require antibiotics, you will need to book an appointment to see the doctor.
- Any changes to your medication require a medication review at a face-to-face consultation to ensure you are clear about your new medication regimen. This is especially important after a hospital visit or admission where additions and deletions of repeat medications are particularly common.
- All patients on repeat medication must see a doctor at the surgery at least once a year to review their medications to ensure it is working effectively and that you are not experiencing unwanted side effects.
- If you are unable to collect your prescription, please identify the name of the person collecting it for you.
Non-medical card patients can go directly to the pharmacy with a hospital/consultant prescription.
Medical card patients can go directly to the pharmacy with a hospital/consultant prescription. The pharmacy will give 1 week supply of medication providing it is produced on the day you received it from the hospital. Once you have a supply of the medication, you can bring the prescription to the surgery and the doctor will transfer it on to a medical card prescription. 48 hours notice is required. The prescription is then taken to the pharmacy who will then give you the balance of the medication.